Sunday, December 11, 2011

Featured Etsian: Anoushka Alden


 To see more items visit: www.etsy.com/shop/byANOUSHKA
My name is Anoushka Alden, I live in Los Angeles with my husband and 2 dogs, and we're both Christian. I studied Fashion Design at LA Trade Technical College and got my Associate's Degree there. I just started making jewelry. Mostly I make cocktail dresses and gowns. I am inspired by vintage fashion, beautiful fabrics, the excitement of going to parties, and magazine tears of dresses. If I'm feeling uninspired, I might just imagine what I'd want to wear and try to make it, or I might look through older magazines for ideas. I really love photography, so going to Flicker or checking my favorite blogs is my other source for inspiration.

Recently, my husband, sister, and I saw The Muppets, and loved it! That was one of my favorite shows when I was younger, so it was fantastic to see it done well. I just finished reading The Help, which had such a good message. Also, I'm working my way through Eat, Pray, Love.

Our traditions are to spend time with family on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and of course to go to church. My mom's new tradition is to drive down to Newport Beach and walk around Balboa Island. My in-laws tradition is to have Christmas Eve dinner and open presents. Erik and I have started to make gifts for everyone and it might become a permanent tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment